Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Whom Do You Serve


When you go to a restaurant it is a nice experience because you are waited on by a waitress or a waiter; service is part of the experience. Part of the challenge of life is to figure out who we are going to serve. Many people choose to not follow Jesus Christ because they don't want to have to serve anybody. But the truth is, we serve either God or Satan. Now, most people don't purposely serve Satan. But if you are not serving God, then Satan has control of your life even thought you don't realize it. As we are told in Ephesians 2:2- "1As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient."
So the is there for us each day. Who are we going to serve. In the Old Testament, Joshua so the people struggling with this decision, and he sought to make his choice clear in Joshua 24:15; "But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." I am thankful that Jesus Christ is my savior and Lord, and that I serve Him. I like Joshua choose each day to serve the Lord. And so I leave you with this question: Who do you serve? Let me know at pastorchrislogan@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Mary from the Prairie said...

Who you serve depends on who you're surrendered to. In most areas of my life, I am surrenderd to Jesus Christ. In other areas, I am serving either myself or worldly standards. I just re-read my blog entry http://heyyoulady.blogspot.com/2006/09/that-s-word-again.html and I am reminded that surrender can be a daily struggle, until it becomes a way of living that you live in the peace that comes with total surrender.

Anonymous said...

Even with total surrender and that endearing peace, it is still a daily struggle sometimes. I think once we have found that peace, Satan tries even harder to break in our lives. Then I have found (once my daily choice is made) itis the fellowship of other Christians that has helped me though, I serve the Lord, and among the other blessings he provides me daily, one of the best is Christian fellowship to help me though.