Thursday, February 10, 2011

Family Reunions

In the recent past we have had two family reunions that have been memorable. The first was several years ago, and was meaningful because I had been living in Colorado for a few years, and hadn't been connected with my family in a while. We went camping together in Northern California, and it was a great time of getting reconnected with my extended family. It really made me appreciate them all the more!

The second was just a couple of years ago when much of the family went to the Fresno/Clovis area to celebrate my aunt's birthday. Again, it was so nice to be able to spend some time hearing what is going on in my family's lives (the ups AND the downs), and to draw closer together (as well as honor my aunt).

This reminds me of another family reunion that we will have; a reunion in heaven with the family of Christ. All who believe in Christ are together part of a family. Many of our "Christian" family we will never know here on earth, since we will not have an opportunity to meet them. But when we are in heaven, there will be a joyous time of connecting with the family of God, because we will all be there together in the presence of God, as God's children.

While we are on this earth, there will be times when we meet someone else that is a Christian. Know that they are part of your family, and that you should try and get to know them. It really is a family reunion of sorts. And thank God for all the family that you have. Blessings.

No comments: