Thursday, April 19, 2012

Proof That God Exists


It does not surprise me that there are many people who do not believe that God exists. By our nature, we tend to doubt what we cannot prove; what we cannot see. Since God is not visibly present in our world, people will doubt that God is real. There are many who lean toward the idea that only that which can be quantitatively proven is real.
                        So, I ask, is there proof that God exists?
I would answer, “Yes, there is proof.” When Jesus came to this earth, He gave proof of God’s existence. As John 1:14 tells us, “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” In Jesus we behold the glory of God. Just His existence shows us proof.
            But there is more, as Jesus performed many miracles that showed He was God in the flesh. Jesus brought Lazarus back from the dead after He had been dead for 3 days! (John 11:1-44) Jesus was seen alive, risen from the dead, 3 days after it had been verified that He was dead.
            Even more, the existence of God is proven in the miracle of life. If you analyze the human body, you can see that it is intricate and complex. The way our body functions together is not an accident, and did not come together through some evolutionary process. When you see the way each part of the body supports the rest of the body it is clear that our body has been put together by a creator who carefully structured it!
            I also know that through my faith and living by my faith God is alive and real. Christians will tell you that they experience a deep communion with God. God has changed me from the sinful, selfish person I was before I knew Him, to a caring, loving, compassionate person. I am transformed because He is alive and at work in me! My God, who is real, gives me forgiveness for my wrongs, purpose for my life, and strength to live each day.
            I am confident that God is real, and that there is strong proof that He exists. Blessings.

No comments: